Treatments at the Shelbourne Medical Clinic
If you have a life-threatening problem, call 911 and go immediately to the nearest hospital Emergency Department.
Listed below are some problems we treat in our walk-in medical clinic:
- Infections and other acute ailments
- Injuries, suture cuts and lacerations
- Work-related injuries – WCB/WorkSafe claims
- Motor vehicle accident injuries – ICBC
- Examinations and forms for driver’s license, employment, summer camp, diving certification and more
- Head and neck problems, including ear syringing
- Chest, digestive, urinary, back, muscular and skin problems
- Allergy and flu shots, some travel injections
- Prescriptions repeated, tests arranged
- Referral to a specialist when necessary
- Treat warts, biopsy and excise skin growths
- Birth control, pregnancy testing, morning after pill
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment
- While we provide acute care for anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, asthma, emphysema, kidney disease and various other problems, we strongly advise people with ongoing chronic health problems to see their family doctor if applicable for ongoing care.
- Please note that sick notes and most forms are not covered by the Medical Services Plan. Form fees vary and are dependent on the length and information required. Payment for forms and sick notes will need to be received from the patient before being released.